License for the ground transportation of goods, and European registration of utility vehicles weighing more than 3.5 tons.
Do you need to obtain a license for the transportation of goods by road for vehicles under or over 3.5 tons?
Generally speaking, obtaining a license is a rather complicated process requiring a certain amount of training and extensive experience. We offer a means for you to obtain the license you need easily, as well as allowing you to benefit from particularly low and flexible tax rules, providing you with a combination of a license for the transport of goods and optimized taxes.
- Do you have professional training?
- Have you passed the required examinations?
- Do you have a specialized diploma in transportation?
- Do you have more than 5 years of hands-on experience?
- Are your company or business’ manager or shareholders able to fulfill the above criteria?
- Are you registered with a Transport Registry?
If not, open a company abroad and obtain a European license for the transportation of goods which will allow you to fulfill all your transportation needs throughout Europe without geographical limitations. In addition, we can register trucks and trailers with foreign license plates, upon request.
The taxes levied on the company vary according to the jurisdiction, but do not exceed 15%.
How does it work?
1. We open your company abroad
2. We obtain your European license for the ground transportation of goods
3. We register your trucks abroad
The license is awarded to a company, not to a private individual. Therefore, the company holds the license. The truck driver can either be an employee of a transportation company, or contracted to provide transportation services for the company holding the license, a copy of which is kept aboard the truck for police inspection purposes.
How much does it cost?
There are several costs to consider.
1. Opening the company: 5,200 Euros (approx.), including opening a bank account.
2. Obtaining the license for the transportation of goods: 4,800 Euros
3. Vehicle registration and axle taxes.
4. Vehicle registration costs, if handled by us: 600 Euros per vehicle.
How long does it take?
Once the transport company has been created, it takes 4 weeks to obtain a license for the transportation of goods.
- Someone must be present locally to submit the request, and have a means of transport (provided by us).
- Be able to prove that the company disposes of at least 5,500 Euros in its bank account.
- If you wish to register LGVs, these must be made available on site for inspection before they can be registered. However, registering vehicles with foreign plates is not essential.